The 10 Tell-Tale Signs Your Liver Needs Help
The liver is an organ about the size of a football that sits just under your rib cage on the right side of your abdomen. The liver is essential for digesting food and ridding your body of toxic substances.
Liver disease can be inherited (genetic) or caused by a variety of factors that damage the liver, such as viruses and alcohol use. Obesity is also associated with liver damage.
Over time, damage to the liver results in scarring (cirrhosis), which can lead to liver failure, a life-threatening condition (1)
The 10 Signs are
- Excessive belly fat
- Brain Fog
- Poor Memory
- Lack of Focus
- Low Energy
- Acid reflux/heartburn
- Chronic fatigue
- Bad skin and profuse sweating
What does the Liver Do?
Your liver does more than most people would guess. Sure it’s a filter for your body but it does much more. Here is a bit more detailed list.
- Detoxification of blood
- Production of important clotting factors, albumin, and many other important proteins
- Metabolizing (processing) medications and nutrients
- Processing of waste products of hemoglobin and other cells
- Storing of vitamins, fat, cholesterol, and bile
- Production of glucose (gluconeogenesis or glucose synthesis/release during starvation) (2)
How can I help My Liver?
- Don’t drink a lot of alcohol. It can damage liver cells and lead to the swelling or scarring that becomes cirrhosis, which can be deadly
- Eat a Healthy Diet and get Regular Exercise. Your liver will thank you. You’ll keep your weight under control, which helps prevent nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), a condition that leads to cirrhosis.
- Drink Coffee. Research shows that it can lower your risk of getting liver disease. No one knows why this is so, but it’s worth keeping an eye on as more research is done.
- Natural Liver Supplements. I am not going to pretend to be unbiased here. We have a product called Liver Longer that is fantastic. In fact probably one of the best natural supplements out there for this. A few weeks ago I wrote an article “How Can you tell if its “Junk” or a good Supplement?” We avoid the hype and as you read the ingredients you will find it is a pretty complex, advanced blend. Yes, it has Milk Thistle that everyone is talking about, but, has so much more.
I hope this is helpful. Thanks for letting me share